The awards are an ideal way to increase your profile, reward your staff, and showcase your export credentials. Winners are announced at a gala dinner in a prestigious location in London (on Thursday 21 November 2013) and the awards receive national and international media publicity. Former winners and finalists have confirmed that the award has enhanced their image in both the home and export market. Winning companies can proudly display the Golden Bridge logo in their marketing material, building the prestige and reputation of the company.
As well as celebrating export success, the Awards encourage new companies to begin exporting to Belgium; this is a small but important factor that helps build a stronger European economy.
Awards are available for the Best Exporter, the Best SME, and the Best Newcomer.
The Best Exporter and the Best SME must have been doing business in Belgium or Luxembourg for at least 3 years.
The Best SME must have less than 50 staff worldwide, and total company revenue of less than 20 Million Euros per year.
The Best Newcomer must have been have been doing business in Belgium or Luxembourg for less than five years.
1. The Head Office must be registered in the UK (both manufacturing and service sectors can apply).
2. Subsidiary companies may apply, but documentation must be submitted by the Head Office.
3. The products or services must have their origins in the UK, or significant value added in the UK.
4. The company must not have won a Golden Bridge Award in the last three years.
After applications close, up to three companies will be shortlisted in each category, based on three main criteria:
1. Financial Performance
2. Strategy and Innovation
3. Motivation for Entering the Awards
Shortlisted companies will then be required to present their case to a judging panel, in Belgium, on October 30.
Participating as a company in the competition is free of charge. If your company is selected as a finalist, all we expect is that you book a minimum of 10 tickets for the Gala Dinner and Award Ceremony with a total value of £1500+VAT.
Full terms and conditions can be found here.
All you need to know
Export Awards – recognising the best of the UK in Belgium and Luxembourg.
All companies doing business in Belgium or Luxembourg, with their head office in the UK.
- September 15 2013, applications close;
- October 30 2013, shortlisted companies present their case to a jury October;
- November 21 2013, the Awards are announced at a Gala dinner in central London.
Send an application form to the British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium
It is free to apply; if you are shortlisted you are required to book 10 tickets to the ceremony, a total value of £1500+VAT.